CSG library visits
Years 1 & 2 enjoyed visiting the library in the village this week. They learnt about how all of the books are organised into sections and then listened to some lovely stories read by the volunteers.
Children have brought home sign up leaflets for any families who would like to join the library and get a library card. If you did not receive one but would like to join the library, please speak to your child’s class teacher or Mrs Bannister at morning drop off.
Reception will be visiting the library on Tuesday next week (28th).
M&M Production-Jack and the Beanstalk
Thank you to those parents who have already contributed. If you are still to do so, please could you contribute by Monday 27th November so that we can review if we can proceed with the pantomime.
The Christmas Postbox will soon be in the school reception area and the children can write cards to their friends and post them to be delivered. Please ensure the recipient's full name and class are on the envelope.
If your child is bringing in cards for their friends please can we remind you that chocolate coins/chocolates/sweets etc are NOT allowed in cards.
Year 2 Great Fire of London Workshop
We have been informed by the company running the workshop that they are unable to attend next Friday, 1st December and it will now be held on Thursday 7th December.
- Tickets for the Santa's Grotto at our Christmas Fayre (15 December) are now on sale on Classlist. The total numbers are limited so be sure to get your tickets.
- Last chance to order Elf arrival/ Christmas countdown balloons, limited number on sale HERE.
REMINDER - sign up to easyfundraising before finalising your Black Friday purchases with our 'November Parents Challenge' SEE LINK.
- Christmas raffle tickets should have come home in book bags. Please return money, stubs and any unused tickets ASAP to any PTA member or the PTA postbox next to school office.
- If you can bring in coloured donations for class hampers ASAP and pass on to your class parent that would be appreciated, huge thanks to those that already have.
- Christmas raffle prizes. If any parent has a business or local business contacts who may like to donate a prize and benefit from free promotion to the school community, please message the PTA or your class parent.
Future PTA key dates
- 27 November - deadline to order tickets for the Wreath Making event on 6 December - cheese, wine and mince pies! Order via Classlist event
- 30 November - collect elf arrival/ Christmas countdown balloons. Collection will be from the Memorial Hall if you’ve purchased look out for Classlist messages.
2 December - village lights switch on, the PTA will have a stall selling cakes, sweets, some toys and Christmas bits, come and support us!
4 December - Christmas gift shop, if pre-purchased, children will come across during the school day to select their gifts to bring home to put under the tree.
15 December - Christmas Fayre details on Classlist (NB the fayre is instead of the PTA Christmas parties). Grotto tickets in advance only.
Children Starting School or Moving up to Junior School - September 2024
The portal to apply for a place through Buckinghamshire Council opened on the 1st November 2023 and closes for online applications on the 15th January 2024.
Community & Cultural Events
Please see here for detail of events coming up in the community.
The week ahead:
Monday 27th November
Tuesday 28th November
- Reception visiting village library
Wednesday 29th November
Thursday 30th November
Friday 1st December
- Year 2 Great Fire of London workshop-CHANGED TO THURS 7TH DECEMBER
Wednesday 6th December: M & M Production of Jack and the Beanstalk
Wednesday 6th December: Christmas lunch
Thursday 7th December: Year 2 Great Fire of London workshop
Friday 8th December: Year 1 to Milestones Museum
Monday 11th December: KS1 Sibling friendly Christmas production 9.15-10.15
Monday 11th December: Reception Christmas production 14.15-15.15
Tuesday 12th December: KS1 Christmas production 9.15-10.15 (no siblings)
Wednesday 13th December: KS1 Christmas production 9.15-10.15 (no siblings)
Thursday 14th December: Reception Christmas production 9.15-10.15
Friday 15th December: Nursery Christmas production 11.00-12.00
Friday 15th December: Christmas Jumper Day-charity details to be finalised
Monday 18th December: Christmas Party Day-more detail to follow
Tuesday 19th December: Christmas Church Service in Village Church, parents invited
Tuesday 19th December: Schools closes at 2 pm
Term dates 2023-2024:
- End of the term Tuesday 19th December
- Christmas Holidays
- School opens on Thursday 4th January 2024 and the end of the half term on Friday 9th February 2024
- Half term week
- School opens on Monday 19th February 2024 and the end of the term on Thursday 28th March 2024
- Easter Holidays
- School opens on Tuesday 16th April 2024 and the end of the half term on Friday 24th May 2024.
- Half term week
- School opens on Tuesday 4th June 2024 and the end of the term on Tuesday 23rd July 2024
INSET Days for staff training (days school is closed to pupils - please note these may be different at other local schools):
- Monday 15th April 2024
- Monday 3rd June 2024