Welcome to Year 6!
Our class teachers for 2023-2024 are:
Mrs Mannick in Acacia Class
Mrs Spencer in Bonsai Class.
Mrs English - Maths teacher in Year 6
Our LSAs (Learning Support Assistants support the class teachers) are Mrs Davies, Mrs Starrs and Mrs Thomson.
Our SSAs in Year 6 (Special Support Assistants work with individual named children) are Mrs Fitzgerald.
Our Year 6 Class Parent Reps are Katie Lord (Acacia Class) and Jasmine Russell (Bonsai Class).
Year 6 Secondary Transfer for moving to Secondary School in 2024
Moving to Secondary School in September 2024:
- The presentation from Buckinghamshire Council and the link to the presentation with audio is available here - Year 5 PowerPoint presentation with audio
- A PDF version is also available here
- A booklet for parents Moving up to secondary school - 2024 entry is available here
- Applying for a secondary school place - you can apply online from 6th September 2023 at buckinghamshire.gov.uk Set up a username (your email address) and password. You can then fill in your child's details and list up to six secondary school preferences. You can apply online from a library if you don't have a computer at home. If you cannot apply online, you must let your child's school know and they will give you a paper form. Make sure you apply by the deadline of 31st October 2023.
- If you apply online you can log on to your account on 1st March 2024 to check the offer. You will also get this information in an email. If you apply with a paper form and these will be sent out as email/post on 1 March 2024.
- Buckinghamshire Council's website has more information here and also here about Grammar schools and the Secondary Transfer Testing process.
About Us and Our Timetable 2023-2024
Our PE day is Friday.
- All children to wear school PE kit as specified in the uniform policy on the days they have PE lessons -a reminder of no cycling shorts or leggings please.
- Make sure that warm layers-joggers (right colour) and PE tops are worn if required for the day.
- Ensure trainers/ plimsolls fit wellAll children to wear school PE kit as specified in the uniform policy on the days they have PE lessons - a reminder of no cycling shorts or leggings please.
Homework – mostly via Google Classroom
- Handed out Thursday, given in Tuesday
- Spellings –uploaded online
- Maths –online or given a hard copy to take home
- Mental Maths Five Squared •Learning passport –can be written or uploaded
From Time to Time
- Spelling revision –Year 3/4 and 5/6 word lists!
- Revision homework over Easter holidays –a couple of activities per week H