Welcome to Year 3!
Our class teachers for 2021-2022:
Mrs Quainton (Monday to Wednesday) and Mrs Baker (Thursday and Friday) in Ash Class
Miss Payne in Oak Class.
Our LSA (Learning Support Assistants support the class teachers) is Mrs Jackson.
Our SSAs (Special Support Assistants work with an individual named child) are Miss Crilly, Mrs Fowkes & Mrs Patrick-Smith.
Our Year 3 Class Parent Reps are Isabelle Micklewright (Ash Parent Rep) and Roseanna Leckie with Clare Gregory (Oak Parent Reps).
Year 3 Useful Information - 2021-2022
PE Day is Thursday
- Trialling this autumn - All children to wear school PE kit as specified in the uniform policy on the days they have PE lessons.
- Please make sure that they have warm layers- e.g. joggers (of the right colour please) and a badged top to be worn if required for the day.
- Please ensure trainers/ plimsolls fit well
Children will require a named water bottle in school every day.
Children may bring a snack of fruit or vegetable to eat during morning break. This should be kept in their school bag, separate to their lunch box.
- Homework will include weekly spellings, Maths homework, mental 5 squared, including multiplication times tables and a learning log/passport as well as regular reading.
- Reading books can be changed daily.
- Homework will be sent out and returned via Google classrooms from the end of September, more details will follow.
- Spelling: Thursdays - for a test in school the following Thursday (please access via Google classrooms and upload evidence of practice if possible).
- Class Maths: Thursdays - to submit by the following Tuesday (details on Google Classrooms, may include MyMaths program).
- 5 squared Maths/times tables: Thursdays (details on Google Classrooms) – please try to complete 5 minutes, 5 times during the week (Mental Maths, no need to submit evidence).
- Passport – optional tasks set on Google Classrooms at the start of each half term, can be completed and submitted at any time during that half term (maximum of one per week please).
- Reading/discussing books – 3 times per week (please record in orange reading record book).
- Reading Eggspress program – whenever your child has time!
Year 3 timetable
For further guidance and support please go to the homework and learning logs area of our website at: https://www.csgvillageschool.org/homework-1/
Learning Outside of the Classroom
Some aspects of this topic will be taught outside of the classroom to provide an enriched learning experience for the children. Please ensure your child comes to school with weather appropriate clothing (a warm waterproof coat and gloves are a necessity).
Phonics and Spelling
Resources and information about supporting your child’s phonic skills and spelling can be found here: https://www.csgvillageschool.org/literacy-corner/
Resources and information about supporting your child’s hand writing can be found here: