The Junior School has a good range of extra–curricular activities and many clubs run both during lunch time and after school. All clubs are led by either external organisations, parents or members of school staff. The clubs available change each term and a timetable of all clubs and application forms for external and after-school clubs is sent out during the first few weeks of each term.
- All school gates are open until 5pm Monday to Friday when clubs are running.
- Parsonage Road entrance to school will be open at 8am on the mornings that Breakfast Club is on.
- Please make use of the Recreation Area car park by the tennis courts off Bowstridge Lane and the footpath to either Hillside Close or Lagger gates if possible.
- Please avoid parking in Parsonage Road.
- Please park with consideration for our neighbours and avoid blocking driveways and entrances.
- Please do not park in the staff car park without prior permission to do so.
- Children should usually be collected from the room that the club is being held in - for after school Homework club please collect from the Dining Hall.
- If your child is not able to attend a club on a particular day please can you inform the club leader - for school run clubs children may speak to the member of staff running the club or parents can inform the School Office before the time that the club is due to begin.
- Lunch time clubs are run on a less formal basis and children should go along to these sessions and register interest with the member of staff running the club.
- Please contact External Clubs directly if you have any questions about places or equipment.
Any queries re school run clubs please contact the School Office on 01494 873090.
The following are some of the clubs that have recently been on offer during the school year, either at lunch time or after school:
Art, Athletics, Chess & Card Games, Change4Life, Cheerleading, Choir, Cricket, Environment, Football - school run club, Football - externally run club, French, Gym, Hockey, Homework, IT, IT Maths Club, Judo, Pottery, Rainbow Road, Recorder, Relaxation, Rocky Road, Running, Skipping, Spanish, Sports Leaders (Year 6 led clubs for younger children can include multisports, netball, gym, dance, football, cricket, tag rugby, rounders, hockey etc.), Street Dance, Tennis.