Welcome to the Nursery!
Our Nursery teachers for 2019-2020 are Mrs Shreeve and Mrs Ballard.
Mrs Shreeve teaches every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and Mrs Ballard teaches every Thursday and Friday.
Our Nursery Nurse is Mrs Nolan.
Our LSA (Learning Support Assistants support the class teachers) is Mrs Byrne.
Our Nursery Class Parent Rep is TBC.
General Information for 2019-2020
(to be updated - these details are from last year)
Welcome back after the half term break. We hope you had a relaxing and enjoyable holiday. Please find some information below which we hope you will find useful.
- On Monday the children have the opportunity to use the ICT suite to access a range of computer programs.
- Visits to the library will be on a Tuesday. Please remember to return library books each week so that your child can choose a new one. All library books will be collected in at the end of the term.
- Tuesday is also Show and Tell day. Please check the nursery window for dates for your child’s turn.
- Stay and Play sessions will take place on select Wednesday dates. Please see the list in the entrance area and sign up for a session to see what your child enjoys doing and share some precious moments! We will let you know when we feel the children are ready for this.
- Thursday is also colour day so children are encouraged to wear clothes in the colour of the week (only if they want to – otherwise uniform is fine).
- We attend the whole school assembly on Friday once we feel the children are ready for this.
What to expect, when? A parent's guide
An information booklet designed to help you as a parent/carer find out more about how your child is learning and developing during their first five years, in relation to the EYFS. Children develop more rapidly during the first five years of their lives than at any other time. This booklet has been written to help you as a parent know what to expect during these vitally important years by focusing on the seven areas of learning and development which are covered in the EYFS.
Booklet source: http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/2015/03/what-to-expect-when-a-parents-guide/