Welcome to Year 4!
Our class teachers for 2020-2021 are:
Mr Holmes in Acer Class.
Miss Balaam in Palm Class.
Our LSA (Learning Support Assistants support the class teachers) is Miss Sells.
Our SSAs (Special Support Assistants work with individual named children) are Mrs Cunliffe, Mrs Jukes, Mrs McCarthy and Mr Shankland.
Our Year 4 Class Parent Reps are Sarah Noori (Acer Parent Reps) and Maiya Vandermeersch & Helen Younger (Palm Parent Reps).
Year 4 Information for 2020-2021
PE will be on a Thursday afternoon
Children will need their outdoor PE kit.
Should Covid regulations change, Year 4 may be swimming during the Spring Term (we will send a reminder nearer the time ).
Please ensure your child comes to school wearing a named PE kit on Thursdays. They will be wearing this for the duration of the day.
PE Kit- trainers/plimsolls, skort/shorts* (black), T-shirt (green), jumper or fleece (green), tracksuit bottoms* (green or black), socks (white), all named
* No cycling style shorts or leggings
Pencil, handwriting pen (when a pen licence has been given), pencils, coloured pencils (not felt tips or gel pens), 30cm ruler, eraser, pencil sharpener, glue & scissors all named
We also recommend that children bring a named water bottle into the classroom to be kept in the class ‘water bottle’ tray
All homework, with the exception of spelling, is handed out on a Thursday and due in the following Monday, unless specified. Everyone will have three homework books: Learning Log; Maths and Spelling.
- Homework will be set using Google Classrooms from the start of this year. More information will be communicated as the system is shown to the children.
- Daily reading – at least three times per week
- Maths – to be completed and submitted on Google Classrooms or MyMaths to be completed on the computer; 5² mental maths; and a weekly Times Tables focus.
- Learning Logs – the children will be given a half termly homework passport with six optional activities to complete during the half term. As each one is completed these can be submitted online and will be checked and marked regularly.
- Spelling – set and tested on a weekly basis. Please ensure you encourage your child to print out or copy out the words before practising them. Please help them to then work on any spelling corrections.
For further guidance and support please go to the homework and learning logs area of our website at: https://www.csgvillageschool.org/homework-1/
Year 4 Non-Negotiables
We expect children to present their work neatly:
- Clearly writing their date and learning objective
- Underlining their work neatly with a ruler
- Maths – clear number formation and workings shown clearly
- Write from the margin
- Correct use of capital letters and full stops
- Neat and joined handwriting
- Sticking in work neatly
- Accurate spelling of commonly used words
There was an error processing this content (the page or topic was not found).