Welcome to the Nursery!
Nursery Teachers - 2016-17
Our Nursery teachers are Mrs Shreeve (every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and
Mrs Ballard (every Thursday and Friday).
Other Nursery Staff - 2016-17
Mrs D Nolan
LSA (Learning Support Assistant)
Mrs E Byrne
SSA (Special Support Assistant)
Mrs S Dover
Nursery AM - Krista Allen
We hope you have had a relaxing and enjoyable Christmas holiday and that you are all refreshed ready for our new topic “When We Were Young” which you will have received a guide for. Please keep your eye on the notice boards and the window in the nursery entrance area for any additional news or information. Also check your emails and texts from our class parents who are Mrs Allen and Mrs Lord.
- On Monday the children have the opportunity to use the ICT suite to access a range of computer programs.
- Visits to the library will be on a Tuesday. Please remember to return library books each week so that your child can choose a new one.
- Tuesday is also Show and Tell day. A letter with all the Show and Tell dates has been sent home but please check the nursery window for dates for your child’s turn if you are unsure.
- Stay and Play sessions will take place on selected Wednesdays the dates are after half term.
- Thursday is our colour day so children are encouraged to wear clothes in the colour of the week (only if they want to – otherwise uniform is fine).
- On Friday mornings you are welcome to come into the nursery for the first ten minutes to share a book with your child. Nursery children also attend the whole school assembly on Friday.
What to expect, when? A parent's guide
An information booklet designed to help you as a parent/carer find out more about how your child is learning and developing during their first five years, in relation to the EYFS. Children develop more rapidly during the first five years of their lives than at any other time. This booklet has been written to help you as a parent know what to expect during these vitally important years by focusing on the seven areas of learning and development which are covered in the EYFS.
Booklet source: http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/2015/03/what-to-expect-when-a-parents-guide/