Curriculum Area - History
Mrs N Baker (Infant School) and Miss C Balaam (Junior School) are our History Curriculum Leaders (18/19).
- Time travellers – Dinosaurs, King and Queens
- What was I like when I was a baby- what could I do?
- Old and new toys
- Developing the vocabulary to talk about events and people in the past, distance past and present
- History of toys
- Victorian Toys – a child in Victorian times
- Victorian schools, Visit Chiltern Open Air Museum
- Victorian Day in School – Drama, Visual props, Victorian toys, Victorian dress
- Events beyond living memory- Guy Fawkes
- What did our village look like in the past?
- How has our village changed- How has it grown?Why?
- 1950s seaside holiday, holidays now and then, Punch and Judy, Magic Grandad 1950’s
- Events beyond living memory-
- Remembrance and the Great War
- Great Fire of London- linked to the Plague and life in London 1666, Visit Buckinghamshire Railway Centre Aylesbury
- Evacuation- Drama, Rationing, - Evacuation day
- Significant people of South Africa’s history
- Captain Cook- lifwe on board ship and life as an explorer.
- Darwin and his exploration
- Significant people who have affected how we live today-Florence Nightingale and Mary Seacole
- The achievements of the Early civilisations – Egypt through farming, religion and architecture
- Changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age through: farming, religion and technology
- Local history study - Human features of CSG how they have changes and why
- The Roman Empire and its impact on Britain
- Britain’s settlement by Anglo-Saxons and Scots
- How World War I and World War II affected the village of Chalfont St. Giles
- A non-European society that provides contrasts with British history - The Maya
- The Viking and Anglo-Saxon struggle for the kingdom of England
- The Space Race
- Ancient Greece – a study of Greek life and achievements and their influence on the western world
- A study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils’ chronological knowledge beyond 1066 – Transport
- World War I and its impact on Britain and France