Dear Year 5 Parents / Carers
In the autumn term Year 6 children will be sitting the 11+ / Secondary transfer test in school.
Test dates are:
- Tuesday 13th September 2022 for the 11+ practice test
- Thursday 15th September 2022 for the 11+ test
If you do not want your child to sit the 11+/ Secondary transfer test please can you confirm this in writing - by letter or via the Junior office email - by Friday 9th September 2022.
Buckinghamshire Council's website has more information here and also here about Grammar schools and the Secondary Transfer Testing process.
Familiarisation booklet - Bucks Council have posted a familiarisation booklet for the 11+ to all families of Year 5 children. If you have not received this a PDF version is available from the school office.
- Please note that children will not be permitted to wear any digital watches or fitbits during the tests.
- Children may wear analogue watches that do not make any noises / sounds/ beeps
- Children can bring in water in a clear bottle.
- Any stationery needed for taking the tests will be provided by the school.
Moving to Secondary School in September 2023:
- The presentation from Buckinghamshire Council and the link to the presentation with audio is here:
- A PDF version without audio is online here
- A booklet for parents Moving up to secondary school - for parents applying for a Year 7 school place in September 2023 is available here
- Applying for a secondary school place - you can apply online from 7th September 2022 atbuckinghamshire.gov.uk Set up a username (your email address) and password. You can then fill in your child's details and list up to six secondary school preferences. You can apply online from a library if you don't have a computer at home. You might be able to use a computer at your child's current school. If you cannot apply online, you must let your child's school know and they will give you a paper form. Make sure you apply by the deadline of 31st October 2022.
If you have any questions about the transfer to secondary school process please do email them in to the school office.