We hope that Year 5 enjoyed their PE festival on Tuesday. Year 4 sent a team along to the Davenies Superstars event on Tuesday afternoon - the staff at Davenies commented that the weather wasn’t kind, but the indoor plan worked and all pupils engaged fully and had fun. Our football team had their first game of the season on Thursday. Our Sports Council reps have written sports reports which are being added to our new Sports Council blog
Accident-Free in CSG - it is great to see most of you parking away from Parsonage Road and not obstructing driveways in Hillside Close and Lagger Close. Keep up the good work of setting a good example to your children.
Menu changes - St Joseph's have reviewed their fish dishes on Fridays and have revised the menu to include improved allergen information, new product availability and changes to existing availability of products. The revised menu is available on the website here as will the most up to date allergen information sheets dated 11th October 2019.
Junior School Homework Email Addresses - each class in the Junior School has an email address to use to send in electronic versions of homework. These are only for sending in homework and no emails will be replied to so please do not use these addresses to communicate with staff.
AshHomework@csgvillageschool.org / OakHomework@csgvillageschool.org
AcerHomework@csgvillageschool.org / PalmHomework@csgvillageschool.org
BeechHomework@csgvillageschool.org / MapleHomework@csgvillageschool.org
AcaciaHomework@csgvillageschool.org / BonsaiHomework@csgvillageschool.org
Classlist - please note, when making announcements, that anything posted to the Whole School goes to everyone at both the Infant and Junior Schools. Information on signing up is on the website here
Pick Up Arrangements - just to clarify that if a person is on your list of people nominated to collect your child, there is no need to advise the school office on the day as long as your child is aware who is picking them up. If you would like to add anyone on to your nominated list, please email the school office.
Year 5 - Beech class have a survival session in their swimming lesson next week - please can they bring in usual swimming kit plus long sleeved top and long bottoms - ie. pyjamas or a two piece or a long sleeved t-shirt with long bottoms. Clothing should be easy to take off in the water - not jeans or joggers please as they soak up too much water - plus pack a spare bin bag to put wet clothing in to bring home.
- Drama Club with Mrs Golding in Main Hall - Years 5 and 6 session 12:20 to 12:50 and Years 3 and 4 session 12:50 to 13:20 (Year 3 and 4 drama club members please go for first lunch)
- Drum lessons in the IT Meeting Room with MD Drumlab - 12:30 to 15:30
Tuesday 15th October
Wednesday 16th October
Walk on Wednesday - Look for the biggest leaf you can find - children walking to school may wear trainers today
Breakfast Club in the ATA Room with Mrs Rock and Mr Shankland - 08:00 to 08:35 (Invited pupils only)
Maths Club in the IT Suite with Mrs Crosbie - 08:15 to 08:45 (Invited pupils only)
Dog's Trust Workshops in Year 3 & Year 6 classes
Woodwind lesson in the IT Meeting Room with Mrs Wayman - 09:45 to 10:15
Mindfulness Club with Mrs Franklin in Maple class at lunchtime - open to all year groups
Piano lessons with Mrs Downie in the IT Meeting Room - 12:10 to 15:30
- Year 5 Beech Class survival swimming lesson today(14:00 to 15:30) normal PE for Maple class
- Cheerleading Club with Lizzie starts after school - two different age groups in Dining Hall straight after school and then Main Hall for older group
- Football Club with Mr O'Sullivan starts after school in the Main Hall for Year 5 & 6 children - club finishes at 16:45
- Year 5 Workshop - Mexican / Mayan Day - children to wear normal school uniform
- Guitar lessons in the IT Meeting Room with Mr Norton - from 12:20
- Cookery club - after school club in the Dining Hall run by Smart Raspberry - club finishes at 16:30
- Homework Club in the IT Suite - Teacher Led (for Invited pupils only) - club finishes at 16:30 - children should be collected from the Dining Hall.
Friday 18th October
- Breakfast Club in the ATA Room with Mrs Rock and Mr Shankland - 08:00 to 08:35 (invited pupils only)
- Open Day for Prospective Parents - details on website here
- Year 6 - Secondary transfer / 11+ test results sent home at end of school today
- Street Dance with Tuffney Dance starts after school in the Main Hall for all year groups - club finishes at 16:15
Monday 21st and Wednesday 23rd October - Year 6 Practice SATs sessions (am only)
Friday 25th October - last day of half term - normal finish time today (15:30)
Monday 4th November - school opens for new half term today
Monday 11th to Friday 15th November - Anti Bullying Week
Monday 11th November - parents evening - 15:40 to 18:00
Tuesday 12th November - Odd Socks Day as part of Anti Bullying Awareness Week
Friday 15th November - Class Parent Reps to meet with Mrs Peal at 8:45 TBC
Wednesday 20th November - Year 4 Roman Day - details to follow but children may wear a Roman Costume for the day
Wednesday 20th November - parents evening - 17:30 to 20:00
Wednesday 27th November - Flu vaccinations in school for all year groups - letter with details will be sent out after half term
Monday 16th December - Year 3 End of term performance - Dress Rehearsal 13:45 to 14:45 details TBC
Tuesday 17th December - Year 3 End of term show - 18:30 to 19:30 details TBC
Thursday 19th December - last day of term - school closes at 14:15 today
Events in the local community are added to the website here such as CCC open events - flyer
We hope that you all have a lovely weekend