Please read the below guidelines carefully and complete and return any required paperwork for the academic year 2018-2019. Two forms are attached to this email - one to nominate adults to collect your child and one for Year 5 or Year 6 children only to leave their classroom independently at the end of the day.
(Nomination form URL if you wish to copy and paste this link is https://goo.gl/forms/Bn4Ejq6yGUWqoIxU2 )
(Year 5/6 Independent form URL if you wish to copy and paste this link is https://goo.gl/forms/fsYYS6NTIoXMZyh63 )
- To ensure that no child is unaccounted for at any time.
- To increase the communication opportunities with staff at the end of the day.
- To ensure that all members of the school community are aware of the picking up arrangements.
- At the end of the day gates will be opened at 3.25.
Years 3 and 4
- At 3.30 children will be dismissed by a member of staff from their classroom to either their parent or a nominated adult. If you will be asking a nominated adult to pick up your child please complete the nomination letter attached.
- If you are late to collect your child please go to the School Office where your child will be waiting.
Year 5 and 6
- At 3.30 the children will either be:
- Dismissed by a member of staff from their classroom/ dismissal point to either their parent or a nominated adult. If you will be asking a nominated adult to pick up your child please complete the nomination letter attached.
- If you are late to collect your child please go to the school office where your child will be waiting.
- If a letter confirming that your child will not be collected, and therefore may leave the classroom alone, has been received your child will be dismissed.
Ad hoc arrangements:
- If your child is always collected from school and you make an ad hoc arrangement for your child to go home with a friend please inform the school via email by 11am or by talking to the class teacher at the beginning of the day.
When deciding if your child is ready to leave the classroom independently please consider the following:
- Will your child follow the route you have discussed?
- Will your child behave sensibly when they are with friends?
- Is your child road safety aware?
- Would your child know what to do if approached by a stranger?
- Would they know the best action to take if they were asked to do something they did not want to do?
- Would your child know what to do if they needed help?
- Would they know who to approach if they needed help?
- If you feel your Year 5 or 6 child is ready please complete the confirmation letter attached. If staff have concerns about your child they will contact you.
If your child’s behaviour after dismissal is not acceptable parents or a nominated adult will be asked to collect them from school until they have proved they can be trusted again.