We hope that the children have enjoyed designing their Big Science experiments this week. There have been a lot of interesting explorations taking place during the week with children looking at why bubbles are round; which fruit keeps us feeling full the longest; what drinks make the best cleaning products and can exercise improve your brain function?
Tuesday saw a group of Year 4 children go to Davenies for a friendly football festival. The organisers feedback was: "Many thanks for helping to make this year’s Football Festival a success. I thought the standard of play was very high, but equally impressive were the referee’s anecdotal evidence of plenty of really good sportsmanship, teamwork and encouragement between players."
Poppies - the Parish Council have kindly donated knitted poppies for the children. These poppies were knitted by volunteers to commemorate the centenary of World War One and then displayed around the village pond.
Comic Relief - the total raised across both sites was £719.83. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this worthwhile cause.
Bottle Top Art project - over the next few weeks, as part of an exciting art project, we will be collecting plastic bottle tops. These need to be flat lids, for example from milk, water or squash bottles (not the raised lids from sports bottles etc.) Please hand your washed bottle tops into the school office as soon as possible. Thank you for your support.
We are also launching the 2019 Gardening Competition in school - full details are on the website here
Egg Decorating competition - we will continue to sell the polystyrene eggs for decorating from the office next week
Year 4 - children will need to come to school in PE kit for the PE Festival on Tuesday
Year 5 - Churches visit - we now have enough helpers for this trip thank you. Mr Holmes is still looking for volunteers to take groups out for the Year 5 hike day in May.
Year 5 & Year 6 - details of Bikeability training have been sent home this week - see details on the website here
Year 6 will be watching the film Wonder on Friday , if you haven't yet given consent please do so here here- to allow your child to watch the film.
Monday 25th March
- Violin and cello lessons with Mrs Priestley in the IT Meeting Room or Main Hall - 09:30 to 12:00 approx
- Homework Club in the IT Suite with Mrs English - 12:20 to 13:00 (drop in session for any pupils that need time to do homework)
- Year 3 & Year 4 Performers - Music and Arts run through at lunch time
- Drum lessons with MD Drumlab in the IT Meeting Room - 13:00 to 15:30
- Year 3 - Street Dance taster sessions in PE lesson this afternoon
- Gymnastics Parkour Ninja Club Club with Burnham Gymnastics in the Main Hall - club finishes at 16:30
Tuesday 26th March
- Breakfast Club in the ATA Room with Mrs Rock and Mr Shankland - 08:00 to 08:45 (Invited pupils only)
- Maths Club in the IT Suite with Mrs Crosbie - 08:15 to 08:45 (Invited pupils only)
- Year 4 PE Festival - Frisbee at Amersham School
- Year 5 & Year 6 Performers - Music and Arts run through at lunch time TBC
- Drama Club with Mrs Golding in Main Hall - Years 5 and 6 session 12:20 to 12:50 and Years 3 and 4 session 12:50 to 13:20 (Year 3 and 4 drama club members please go for first lunch)
- Drum lessons with MD Drumlab in the IT Meeting Room - 13:30 to 15:30
- Dress rehearsal for Music and Arts Performers during the afternoon (no volunteer readers required in school during the afternoon)
- PFO Football Club with PFO in the Main Hall - club finishes at 16:45
Wednesday 27th March
Thursday 28th March
- Spanish Club with El Club Espanol in Art Room - 12:50 to 13:20 (children in this club to go for first sitting of lunch)
- Guitar lessons with Mr Norton in the IT Meeting Room - 12:20 to 15:00
- Cookery club - after school club in the Dining Hall run by Smart Raspberry - club finishes at 16:30
- Homework Club in the IT Suite - Teacher Led (for Invited pupils only) - club finishes at 16:30
- U11 Cup Semi-Final Football match away v Stoke Poges for invited team
Friday 29th March
- Last day to buy Eggs to Decorate - letter with details here
- Breakfast Club in the ATA Room with Mrs Rock and Mr Shankland - 08:00 to 08:45
- Woodwind lesson with Mrs Wayman in the IT Meeting Room - 12:45 to 13:15
- Dads to School afternoon - dads (or other family members) are invited to come into school this afternoon between 13:30 and 15:00 - please note that only the main school entrance will be open - PTA cafe will be in the Main Hall
- Street Dance Club with Tuffney Dance in Main Hall - club finishes at 16:15
Monday 1st April - Egg Decorating Competition entries to be brought into school today.
Monday 1st and Wednesday 3rd April - Year 6 Practice SATS days
Tuesday 2nd April - Year 5 PE Festival - Yoga & Boogie Bounce at Amersham School
Tuesday 2nd April - Year 6 to attend 11:30 Songs of Praise Service at Village Church
Tuesday 2nd April - Decorated Eggs on Display in Dining Hall - 15:30 to 16:00
Thursday 4th April - PTA Playground cake sale on lower playground after school (will be in Main Hall if weather is bad)
Friday 5th April - End of spring term - school closes at 2:15pm
Wednesday 1st May - Year 5 Day Hike
This Saturday, 23rd March, is National ‘Learn to Play Day’ and Amersham Music Centre (part of Bucks Music Trust) is proud to be one of 106 LTPD venues nationally. Details are available on the Community events page here.
Have a lovely weekend!