Monday saw a representative from The Arts Society Chiltern visit us to present some more prizes from their arts competition. Congratulations to the prize winners in each of the following categories: Content - Martha, Laila and Olivia. Innovative Style - Thomas C, Kitty and Ruby. Commended - Siena, Thomas G, Lilly B, George E-H, Danielle, Hattie and Amy.
Year 3 children enjoyed their Street Dance workshops run by a local dance company and on Tuesday our Year 4 children went to Amersham School for a Frisbee PE Festival where they competed against other local schools.
Wednesday saw the Year 5 children walking to Chalfont St Peter where they had tours around St Josephs Catholic Church and Goldhill Baptist Church. Thank you to the volunteer helpers who spent the day with Year 5. Year 4 also performed their assembly to a large number of parents that morning and they hope that everyone enjoyed their show.
The audience definitely enjoyed the Music and Arts Show on Wednesday evening - huge congratulations to everyone who took part and thank you for being so supportive to the other performers as well.
Year 6 were visited by Mansur Ahmed, Iman at Baitul Amn Mosque in Hillingdon on Thursday. The Iman ran a question and answer session for the children covering the basic teachings of Islam and the purpose of a Mosque.
A huge thank you to the PTA for running the Dads to School day cafe this afternoon. It was lovely to see so many family members in school working with the children today and enjoying the sunshine.
Year 4 - thanks to a very generous Year 4 parent making an additional donation we can confirm that the visit to Neasden Temple on Monday will be taking place. To clarify on the dress code - our understanding is that shorts or skirts must be well below knee length so, to avoid any issues when they get to the temple, we are asking that children wear their PE joggers or a pair of plain joggers if they do not have school trousers.
Staff car park and driving on Parsonage Road - following a number of complaints from both staff and local residents about the inconsiderate and potentially dangerous driving seen recently, and in particular in the turning circle at the top of Parsonage, we are monitoring cars in this area at drop off and pick up. Please note that the staff car park is not to be used by non-staff without prior permission between 8am and 9am and between 3:15pm and 5pm. Please do not block access to the school drive at any time and always park with consideration to local residents.
In the past couple of weeks we have noticed these cars using the staff car park or driving without due care and consideration: White Ford Ranger ** BMW ** Ford Focus Estate ** Silver Vauxhall **
Monday 1st April
- Egg Decorating Competition entries to be brought into school today
- Year 4 - day trip to Neasden Temple - uniform to be worn, normal packed lunch and snack needed
- Year 6 Practice SATS this morning
- Violin and cello lessons with Mrs Priestley in the IT Meeting Room or Main Hall - 09:30 to 12:00 approx
- Homework Club in the IT Suite with Mrs English - 12:20 to 13:00 (drop in session for any pupils that need time to do homework)
- Drum lessons with MD Drumlab in the IT Meeting Room - 13:00 to 15:30
- Year 3 - Tennis Taster Sessions at CSG Tennis Club during PE Lesson
- Gymnastics Parkour Ninja Club Club with Burnham Gymnastics in the Main Hall - club finishes at 16:30
Tuesday 2nd April
- Breakfast Club in the ATA Room with Mrs Rock and Mr Shankland - 08:00 to 08:45 (Invited pupils only)
- Maths Club in the IT Suite with Mrs Crosbie - 08:15 to 08:45 (Invited pupils only)
- Year 5 - PE Festival - Yoga & Boogie Bounce at Amersham School - PE kit to be worn today but back for normal lunch
- Year 6 - attending 11:30 Songs of Praise Service at Village Church - family and friends are welcome to join this service
- Drama Club with Mrs Golding in Main Hall - Years 5 and 6 session 12:20 to 12:50 and Years 3 and 4 session 12:50 to 13:20 (Year 3 and 4 drama club members please go for first lunch)
- Drum lessons with MD Drumlab in the IT Meeting Room - 13:30 to 15:30
- PFO Football Club with PFO in the Main Hall - club finishes at 16:45
- Decorated Eggs on Display in Dining Hall - 15:30 to 16:00
Wednesday 3rd April
Thursday 4th April
- Spanish Club with El Club Espanol in Art Room - 12:50 to 13:20 (children in this club to go for first sitting of lunch)
- Guitar lessons with Mr Norton in the IT Meeting Room - 12:20 to 15:00
- Cookery club - after school club in the Dining Hall run by Smart Raspberry - club finishes at 16:30
- NO Homework Club this week (no homework being set this week)
- PTA Playground cake sale on lower playground after school (will be in Main Hall if weather is bad)
Friday 5th April
- Breakfast Club in the ATA Room with Mrs Rock and Mr Shankland - 08:00 to 08:45
- Woodwind lesson with Mrs Wayman in the IT Meeting Room - 12:45 to 13:15
- End of spring term - school closes at 14:15 today
Tuesday 23rd April - INSET Day (school closed for staff training)
Wednesday 24th April - School starts today for Summer Term
Tuesday 30th April Year 5 - SRE & PGL residential meeting for parents
Wednesday 1st May - Year 5 Day Hike - helpers are still needed to make this event viable
Thursday 30th & Friday 31st May - Year 5 and Year 6 Bikeability training - 24 places (places are still currently available) - details on the website here
Have a lovely weekend!