We hope that everyone has enjoyed the first few days of the new academic year. The teachers have been getting to know the children and establishing routines and our Learn to Learn fortnight continues next week.
School policies - the Homework Policy and the Behaviour Policy have both been updated recently. Please take a moment to read the revised policies that came into effect at the beginning of this term.
Year 6 - As part of their Careers Week Year 6 children can come to school Monday dressed for a job interview as part of our careers day.
Year 6 - if any parent does not want their child to take part in the 11+/ Secondary transfer testing next week please can you inform us in writing or via the office email by 9am on Monday morning if possible. Children will not be permitted to wear any digital watches or fitbits during the tests.
Year 6 - letters are being sent home today via children with details of the moving up to secondary school process. These letters give your child's unique identity number for the online application portal.
Menu change - Tuesdays of Week 2 - the ingredients in the main meal of Macaroni cheese next week have changed slightly - the amended allergen sheet is available here This change has been made for all times when this meal appears as a main dish and we will update the main menu to show that this meal is no longer Vegan.
Accident-Free in CSG - Junior School - A reminder to those already at the school to please not park in Parsonage Road or obstruct driveways in Lagger Close. Please be respectful of people that live there. Those new to the school we ask you to use Blizzards Yard car park or the playing fields car park or to park in the village.
We supply parking passes from the council (one per family) so you can put this on show and do not have to obtain a parking ticket. We have asked if it is possible for two per family, but unfortunately the council will not allow this. These have been sent home with the children this week.
- Learn to Learn Week Two
- No volunteer readers in school this week please
- Year 6 Careers Week
- Year 6 Careers Day - children may wear clothing suitable for a job interview
- Drum lessons in the IT Meeting Room with MD Drumlab - 12:30 to 15:30
- Year 6 - Parent information meeting in Dining Hall - starting at 18:00
Tuesday 10th September
- Breakfast Club in the ATA Room with Mrs Rock and Mr Shankland - 08:00 to 08:35 (Invited pupils only)
- Maths Club in the IT Suite with Mrs Crosbie - 08:15 to 08:45 (Invited pupils only)
- Year 6 - Secondary transfer / 11+ practice tests during the morning
- No violin/cello lessons today
- Year 6 - BCC Portal opens to apply for secondary school places
- Year 4 to attend Songs of Praise Service at Village CHurch - family and friends are welcome to join this service - 11:30 to 12:00.
- Drum lessons in the IT Meeting Room with MD Drumlab - 14:00 to 15:30
- Year 3 - PE lessons this afternoon (just for next three weeks)
- Year 3 - Parent information meeting in Dining Hall - starting at 18:30
Wednesday 11th September
Breakfast Club in the ATA Room with Mrs Rock and Mr Shankland - 08:00 to 08:35 (Invited pupils only)
Maths Club in the IT Suite with Mrs Crosbie - 08:15 to 08:45 (Invited pupils only)
Woodwind lesson in the IT Meeting Room with Mrs Wayman - 09:45 to 10:15
Piano lessons with Mrs Downie in the IT Meeting Room - 12:10 to 15:30
- Year 5 - Parent information meeting in Dining Hall - starting at 18:30
- Guitar lessons in the IT Meeting Room with Mr Norton - from 12:20
- Cookery club - after school club in the Dining Hall run by Smart Raspberry - club finishes at 16:30
- No Homework Club today
- Year 4 - Parent information meeting in Dining Hall - starting at 18:00
Friday 13th September
- Breakfast Club in the ATA Room with Mrs Rock and Mr Shankland - 08:00 to 08:35 (invited pupils only)
Starting dates for clubs:
Tuesday 17th September
- Reading club with Miss Warner in IT Suite for invited children at lunchtime
- Choir with Miss Thorn in Maple class at lunchtime - open to all year groups
- Football Club with PFO starts after school in the Main Hall for all year groups
- French Club with Little Language Academy starts after school in the Art Room for all year groups
Wednesday 18th September
- Mindfulness with Mrs Franklin in Maple class at lunchtime - open to all year groups
- Cheerleading Club with Lizzie starts after school - two different age groups
- Football Club with Mr O'Sullivan starts after school in the Main Hall for Year 5 & 6 children
Thursday 19th September
- Homework Club with Mrs Crosbie starts after school in the IT Suite for invited children
Friday 20th September
- Street Dance with Tuffney Dance starts after school in the Main Hall for all year groups
Tuesday 17th September - Violin & cello lessons in the IT Meeting Room with Mrs Priestley am
Thursday 19th September - Nursing team - Year 6 - height and weight measurements
Thursday 19th September - Junior School PTA AGM starting at 19:30
Wednesday 25th September - Year 3 workshop - Egyptian Day with Portals to the Past
Wednesday 25th September - Year 5 Beech Class swimming lessons begin
Wednesday 25th September - Reading, writing and maths meeting for all parents - 18:00 to 19:30 in Dining Hall
Friday 27th September - Year 3 PE Festival - Capture the Flag
Friday 27th September - Macmillan Coffee Morning at the Junior School- 08:45 to 09:30
Friday 27th September - Meeting for all volunteer helpers - Child Protection Training, Safeguarding & Behaviour at the Junior School - 09:40 to 10:40
Tuesday 1st October - Year 6 workshop - Ancient Greek Day
Tuesday 1st October - Year 4 - PE Festival - Basketball
Tuesday 1st October - Year 5 to Songs of Praise Service
Monday 7th October - Individual Photographs
Thursday 4th June - Maths meeting for parents - 09:00 to 10:00
Being a parent can be both rewarding and challenging. You may be interested in a series of workshops specifically designed for Dads or the Handling Anger in the Family course, both running at St James in Gerrards Cross . Details are on the Community Events page of the website here
We hope that you all have a lovely weekend