Dear Parents / Carers
Both Year 6 classes had some first aid training on Monday this week. Thank you to parents and to the Misbourne Matins Rotary Club for supporting these really important training sessions. Year 3 had glorious weather for their day of adventures at PACCAR scout centre in Chalfont St Peter. We hope that they enjoyed the activities. Year 6 took part in a local Year 6 games event at CCC and had a very active day in the sunshine.
Julie Lloyd-Evans has been working with Year 6 children this morning - again investigating the wildlife on our school site.
It was lovely to see so many family members in school this afternoon. A huge thank you to the PTA for running the cafe in this heat! We hope that all of the pizzas and cookies come out well.
Year 2 / 3 Transition Week is next week. During this week, Year 2 children, from the Infant School and those who are due to start with us in September 2022, will join our existing Year 3 children. The children will be in mixed classes for a week of exciting activities. All children should be dropped off and collected as normal at their normal school but then on particular days
children will be at either the Infants or the Juniors for the morning. On Friday, all of the children will celebrate with squash and a biscuit. We are very much looking forward to transition week and recognise how beneficial the week is for all the children involved.
School Travel Newsletter - a copy of our new Travel Newsletter is available here This includes dates of our next walk to school week starting Monday 11th July. Details of the daily themes are given in the future dates section below.
Parking - please ensure that there is still room for people to walk on the pavements when you are parking on Parsonage Road
Mobile phones on school site - We would like to remind you that as a school we take safeguarding very seriously and accordingly, it is our policy that mobile phones are not to be used whilst on the school premises. This includes whilst visiting for class reading on Friday mornings. Please can you ensure that your phone is not just on silent but switched off whilst on site; this is to protect both you and the children.
Request for small cars - we now have some lovely mats for children to use at lunchtimes on the playground. If anyone has any unwanted small cars, trucks or Dinky type toys that you would be happy to donate please can these be dropped off at the School Office. Many thanks
Year 3 to 4 and Year 4 to 5 transition - a reminder that the deadline for returning comments is today and the google forms will close at 4pm.
- Year 3 to 4 online form for comments here
- Year 4 to 5 online form for comments here
Monday 20th June
- Year 6 Residential to Liddington PGL Centre
- Year 2 and Year 3 Transition Week activities - children will swap between the infant and junior school during the mornings this week
- Year 5 PE Day - children to come to school in school PE Kit
- School run lunchtime club - Benchball Club with Miss Balaam in the Main Hall for Year 4 children
- School run lunchtime club - Business Club with Mrs Starrs in Acacia Class - for Year 6 children - not on this week
- Music lessons - Guitar lessons with Mr Norton, BMT - afternoon in the Music Room
- External club - Chess club in the Art Room from 3:30pm to 4:30pm - pick up from outside the Art Room - details
- External club - Tennis club on the Upper playground from 3:30pm to 4:30pm - pickup from Upper / Top playground - details
Tuesday 21st June
- Early Birds Breakfast Club in the ATA Room from 8:am to 8:45 - this club is for invited children only
- Morning Maths Club in the ICT Suite from 8:15 to 8:45am - this club is for invited children only
- Year 5 assembly starting at 9am in the school hall - parents are invited to attend - the assembly will last about 30 minutes - all gates will be open until 9am and after that entrance will be via the main gate.
- School run lunchtime club - Pokemon Club with Mr O'Sullivan in Beech Class - for Year 5 and Year 6 children
- School run lunchtime club - Lego Club with Mrs Quainton in Ash Class - for all children
- Music lessons - Piano lessons with Mrs Downie - afternoon in the Music Room
- Rocky Road for invited Year 4 children with Mrs Rock in the ATA Room from 3:30pm to 4:30pm - pick up from outside the ATA room
Thursday 23rd June
- Year 3 PE Day - children to come to school in school PE Kit
- Music lessons - Woodwind lessons with Mrs Wayman, BMT today - morning in the Music Room - not this week
- Music lessons - Cello lessons with Mrs Bagnell, BMT - afternoon in the Music Room
- No homework club this week (Year 6 mentors are all away on their residential)
- External club - PFO club on the School Field / Main Hall from 3:45pm to 4:45pm - pick up from outside Main Hall - details
Friday 24th June
- School run lunchtime club - Art Club with Mrs Starrs in the Art Room - for Year 5 & 6 children - not on this week
- Music lessons - Drum lessons with MD Drumlab - afternoon in the IT Music Room
- External club - Street Dance club with Tuffney Dance in the Main Hall - from 3:30pm to 4:15pm - details
- Year 6 return from PGL Liddington - ETA 4pm at Blizzards Yard Car Park
Monday 27th June - Sports Week - carousel of activities during the afternoon - details - children to wear regular school PE kit and trainers
Tuesday 28th June - Sports Week - Sponsored Walk during the afternoon - details - children are welcome to walk in fancy dress but ensure they have good walking shoes with socks.
Wednesday 29th June - Sports Week - Mini Marathon in the morning - details - children to wear regular school PE kit and trainers
Thursday 30th June - Year 5 PE Festival - details
Friday 1st July - Sports Day - parents are invited to attend from 1:15pm to 3:15pm - details - children to wear house coloured T shirt with black school shorts and trainers - Lagger Close gate will be open from 1:05pm to 1.30pm after that only the main entrance will be open.
Monday 4th July - Year 3 have outdoor learning workshops during the morning - please ensure children have a coat and old trainers/boots just in case the weather is bad or sun hats if sunny..
Tuesday 5th July - Transition Day / Transfer Day - Year 6 children to attend their new schools and other children to spend the day in their new September classes.
Tuesday 5th July - Open Evening for current pupils and those starting at the Junior School in September 2022 - 6pm to 8pm - details TBC
Thursday 7th July - Year 3 PE Festival - details TBC
Friday 8th July - Hobbies Day - details - please send in your hobbies day information be sent in by Tuesday 28th June.
Friday 8th July - Dress Down Friday - this has come from the school council as a suggestion for the whole school. Children can come to school in their own clothes today - this is not a charity fundraising day - please ensure that children are dressed appropriately for a day at school - so warm and comfortable and sensible footwear please.
Friday 8th July - PTA Summer Fun Day at school from 4:30pm to 7pm - full details from PTA on Classlist
Monday 11th July - Walk to School Week themes:
- Monday - Walking to Notice Nature - how many different signs of the summer can you see on your walk into school? Class teachers will follow this discussion up in class.
- Tuesday - Walking to Keep Fit - wear trainers today and walk safely and swiftly. How long does it take for you to get out of breath?
- Wednesday - Walking to Create Time to Talk - talk together about which you'd rather be - a bee or a butterfly? A flower or a tree? Class teachers will follow this up in class.
- Thursday - Walking to Keep our Roads Safe - practise the Green Cross Code on your walk to school. Class teachers will talk about the Green Cross Code in class.
- Friday - Walking to Reduce Pollution - looking after our planet. Wear your own clothes in all the colours of the rainbow to remind us what a beautiful world we live in.
Monday 11th July - Year 6 dress rehearsal show for rest of school during the afternoon - details TBC
Tuesday 12th July - Talent Show during the afternoon - details
Wednesday 13th July - Year 6 evening show starting at 6pm in the school hall - parents are invited to attend - further details TBC
Thursday 14th July - Year 6 Bouncy / Fun Day details TBC
Friday 15th July - Year 6 church service at the village church - 2pm to 3pm
Wednesday 20th July - Year 6 Leavers Assembly - details TBC
Wednesday 20th July - last day of term - early finish at 2:15pm today
Community Events - See details on the website here including PFO Summer football camps that will take place during the school holidays - details here
Bucks County Show - The Bucks County Show, which is one of the biggest one day agricultural shows in the Country, will be held at Weedon Park, three miles north of Aylesbury on Thursday 1st September 2022.
The main attractions this year will be The Bolddog Lings Freestyle Motorcycle Display Team, Military Band, The Sheep Show, Vintage Tractors, Countryside Area and much more. This is a fantastic fun and educational day out for all the family.
This year we are offering up to 3 FREE Child tickets (up to the age of 16) with a full paying Adult or Over 65 ticket when purchased online. To take advantage of this offer please click the link below and follow the instructions. This offer ends at midnight on 31st August 2022.
Please add the required tickets to your basket Click ‘Checkout’ Enter SCHOOL22 into the promotion code box and click redeem and continue with your purchase.
Wishing you all a lovely weekend