Dear Parents / Carers
Wow - how fantastic was the Year 6 performance of Pirates of the Curry Bean. Congratulations to everyone in Year 6 for such an amazing show. You should all be very proud of yourselves.
CSG's got Talent on Tuesday afternoon was also a fabulous show. Such a wide range of talent on display and performed with such confidence. Thank you to everyone who took part.
Today has seen some very special assemblies - the children from both schools shared some of their memories of Mrs Peal, Year 6 award winners were presented with certificates at our Junior School assembly and Year 6 had a chance to share a leavers service at the village church.
Hot weather update - We are open next week. The children will be indoors for most of the day, they may go outside to play in the shade during the early morning. We will be making use of the school halls as these are cooler spaces. There will be no PE lessons for the children. Children are to wear their own clothes, we recommend loose, light coloured clothing. No crop tops, opened toe sandals or flip flops. Please make sure your child comes to school with a water bottle and a sun hat, and has sun cream applied before coming to school. Water bottles can be filled at school if necessary.
Staffing update - we are pleased to announce that we have appointed Mr Ballard as a PE teacher to support PE lessons at the Infant School, to support our school staff and to run clubs at both sites.
Meds in school - all meds held in class for children will be sent home with them on the last day of term. If you would prefer to collect these from the office please can you let us know by the end of Monday. Thank you
Wednesday 20th July - Year 6 Leavers Day - Year 6 parents are invited to attend. Note that we only have space for two family members per child.
- 9:30-10:30 Certificate assembly- This is a chance to celebrate the achievements of our Year 6 children. A variety of awards will be presented including the citizenship awards, sports week awards, PGL awards for example. (Please note, the Year Six awards will be given out in our awards assembly on Friday 15th with the whole school.)
- 10:30-11:00 Tea and coffee break for parents
- 11:15-12:20 Leavers assembly
- 12:30 Parents leave school site
- 12:30 Year 6 to have lunch together on the field
- 14:15 Children to leave school at the end of the school day.
Lost property - please take a moment to check the lost property box in the dining hall. Any items still in the box at the end of term will be removed and either reused elsewhere or sent to a charity shop.
Diary Dates for 2022-2023 - see attached sheet with details of some dates for the next academic year. Term dates are also given at the end of this email
Individual Music lessons for 2022-2023 - a letter with details about music lessons is available here. Bucks Music Trust lesson details for 2022/23 and a sign up form are also available. More information about music on the website here.
Uniform Orders - new logoed uniform items can be ordered from our suppliers PMG Schoolwear Orders can be placed online or they are operating an appointment system if you wish to visit their High Wycombe store. They advise that orders be placed by 12th August to guarantee delivery for the beginning of term in September
ParentMail - we will be running end of year procedures on ParentMail over the next few weeks. New joiners will be added and we will send you a registration link for the Junior School ParentMail system, balances for leavers will be credited back to parents and children will be moved into their new class groups ready for the start of term.
Chalfont St Giles Show is back! Saturday 3rd September in Stone Meadow after a two year break for obvious reasons. Make sure you buy your tickets in advance online or at various shops in the village (details on the website) as it’s cheaper than on the day. Under 18s go free this year as long as they’re accompanied by an adult. Great entertainment in the main arena, local acts in the community arena, stalls, and a good variety of food and drink, as well as the Competitions Marquee, Honey Show and Wheelhouse Vets’ Dog Show.
If you haven’t already, do take a look at the competitions. They are free to enter and those who come first, second or third in the judging receive prize money. We’ve already distributed the Colouring Competition templates but if you or your children enjoy baking, growing, writing, photography, or crafts, there are classes you could enter on the day. See our website for information on how to enter and note the deadline for registering your entries is a week before show day but you can edit your choices any time up until then. Visit www.csgshow.org for full details and we hope to see you in September!
Lunch Monday 18th July - St Josephs are looking to source water melon or ice cream/ frozen mouses for pudding on Monday. We will not have specific details until items are delivered but we will ensure that allergies and dietary requirements are catered for.
Chalfont St Giles Show Colouring Competition - a copy of the entry form for the pre-show colouring competition is here,
- External club - Chess club in the Art Room from 3:30pm to 4:30pm - pick up from outside the Art Room - details
- External club - Tennis club on the Upper playground from 3:30pm to 4:30pm - pickup from Upper / Top playground - details
Tuesday 19th July
- Year 6 Leavers Assembly during the morning
- Early Birds Breakfast Club in the ATA Room from 8:am to 8:45 - this club is for invited children only
- Morning Maths Club in the ICT Suite from 8:15 to 8:45am - this club is for invited children only
- Last day of term - early finish at 2:15pm today
Thursday 21st July
Term dates 2022-2023:
- First day of term is on Tuesday 6th September 2022 and the end of the half term is on Friday 21st October 2022
- Half term week
- School opens on Tuesday 1st November 2022 and the end of term on Tuesday 20th December 2022
- Christmas Holidays
- School opens on Thursday 5th January 2023 and the end of the half term on Friday 10th February 2023
- Half term week
- School opens on Monday 20th February and the end of the term on Friday 31st March 2023
- Easter Holidays
- School opens on Monday 17th April 2023 and the end of the half term on Friday 26th May 2023.
- Half term week
- School opens on Tuesday 6th June 2023 and the end of the term on Friday 21st July 2023
INSET Days for staff training (days school is closed to pupils - please note these may be different at other local schools:
- Friday 2nd September 2022
- Monday 5th September 2022
- Monday 31st October 2022
- Wednesday 4th January 2023
- Monday 5th June 2023
Community Events - See details on the website here including:
Summer Reading Challenge - the summer reading challenge takes place at libraries across Bucks, including our village library. As part of the challenge, the children are able to select the amount of books they would like to read over the summer. Upon completion of the challenge, they will receive a certificate and medal for taking part and achieving their goals. We hope they enjoy this challenge and we would love to share some of their certificates in assembly once we are back at school in September. The children can go into the village library to get started and pick up their starter pack. Summer Reading Challenge details
Wycombe Museum summer activities flyer
Chalfont St Peter football club camps flyer
Chesham Theatre Shed Summer Scheme flyer
CSG Tennis Club - Summer Holiday Tennis Camp flyer
PFO Summer Holiday football camps that will take place during the school holidays - details here
Take care in the hot weather and we hope that everyone has a lovely weekend.