PTA Fair donations for non-uniform day - thank you to all of you who sent in donations with children today.
Bags 2 School - we are sending home a ‘Bags 2 School’ Collection Bag. Please could you fill these bags with any unwanted clothes (adult & child), paired shoes, hats, belts, ties and soft toys. The heavier the bags, the more money the School earns. We’ll be collecting them on Thursday 2nd November at School drop off. Details of where bags can be dropped will be sent nearer to the time. The Infant School will be doing their collection on the same day.
Football match v St Marys, Beaconsfield - match report will be added to the Sports Events page on the website but well done to all of the team for a convincing 3-1 win against St Marys.
Zebra Crossing on Deanway - a reminder that there is no crossing patrol person on the zebra crossing on Deanway. We are aware that sometimes children don't wait for for all of the traffic to stop at the crossing. Please could you remind children that they must not cross until all cars have stopped on both sides of the road. The children have also been reminded about this during assembly this week as well. Thank you.
Year 12 Volunteers - we are really pleased that we have some additional volunteer helpers in school this term. Pupils from some of our local secondary schools are doing their voluntary work experience with us helping out in different classes across the school. Some are ex-pupils who live locally and others have been organised in conjunction with their school.
Drama Club Kids and Parents - If your child is involved in Drama Club, their group will have been encouraged to perform their brilliant horror based plays in a school assembly just for the students on Halloween 31st Oct at 9am. I just wanted to clarify a few things.
Thanks all - hope they're enjoying it - there's some truly wonderful imaginations in this group. Any problems, the School Office have my number and can pass it on to you. Thanks muchly, Sarah Golding.
- If they want to they can dress up - they don't HAVE to - please don't go all out on a new outfit...unless you truly want to make one....! School uniform is fine
- If they are dressing up, they have permission to come to school that morning dressed in their costumes but they must bring in school uniform to change into afterwards
- Children will need to register with their teachers that morning and then go to the main hall.
- We will try and get a show of some scripted work for parents next half term.
Amersham Music Centre - please see attached invitation to children who have recently started playing a musical instrument
Eco Warriors - Food Waste project - please see letter attached with an update on this project. Photos will be added to the Eco Warriors page on the website soon
Super Science challenge - the super science challenge for this half term is attached.
Year 3 - the production has now been confirmed as the Egyptian Nativity. There will be a dress rehearsal for grandparents and others on Monday 11th December starting at 13:45 in the Main Hall and the main production will be on Tuesday 12th December starting at 18:00 in the Main Hall.
Year 3 - Sports Partnership Multiskills Club - details of this club are attached. Please note that applications need to be sent directly to Miss Wilcox at Amersham School
Year 4 Davenies Superstars - a report will be added to the Sports Events page of the website shortly. Well done to all of the Year 4 children who took part on the Superstars event at Davenies on Tuesday and thank you to Miss Warner and Miss murray for organising and managing the team. Thank you also to parents who transported and supported the children.
Year 5 Mayan Day - thank you to those parents who have made a contribution towards the costs of this day. So far just over half of Year 5 parents have kindly made a donation. If you are able to make a contribution please can you do so before Monday 30th October so that we can make a decision as to whether this day can proceed. Payment can be made by ParentPay or cash or cheques (payable to Chalfont St Giles Junior School) can be sent in to the School Office.
Year 6 Secondary School application deadlines - if you have not yet sent in an application for secondary school please note that paper copies can be handed in to the school office by the end of today (20th October) or posted to reach the Admissions and Transport team by 3pm on 31st October. Online applications should be submitted by 3pm on 31st October - details on www.buckscc.gov.uk/admissionsguide2018
Year 6 - practice SATS papers are being sent home with Year 6 children today.
Monday 30th October
- INSET day - school closed for staff training
Tuesday 31st October
- Breakfast Club in the ATA Room with Mrs Rock and Mr Shankland - 08:00 to 08:45 (Invited pupils only)
- Maths Club in the IT Suite with Mrs Crosbie - 08:15 to 08:45 (Invited pupils only)
- Piano lessons with Mrs Downie in the IT Meeting Room - 12:10 to 15:45
- Skipping Club with Miss Balaam in Main Hall - 12:20 to 12:50 - no PE kit needed just bring your trainers
- Year 5 Swimming lessons for Maple class (pm)
- French Club with Little Languages Academy (for Year 3 and 4 only) in Oak class - club finishes at 16:10
- No Football Club with Mr Holmes due to match
- Football match - home game v Our lady's - letters sent to selected team members
Thursday 2nd November
- PTA Bags2School collection day - PTA to confirm collection details nearer the time
- Spanish Club with El Club Espanol in Art Room - 12:50 to 13:20 (children in this club to go for first sitting of lunch)
- Guitar lessons with Mr Norton in the IT Meeting Room - 13:20 to 15:10 (for children who have signed up with Bucks Learning Trust Music) sign up online here
- Pilates Club with Mrs Stephenson in the Main Hall - club finishes at 16:30
- Homework Club in the IT Suite - Teacher Led - club finishes at 16:30 (Invited pupils only)
- [Edit - apologies St Marys football match was last week]
Friday 3rd November
- Breakfast Club in the ATA Room with Mrs Rock and Mr Shankland - 08:00 to 08:45
- Judo Club with AS Judo in Main Hall - 12:20 to 12:50
- Woodwind lesson with Mrs Wayman in the IT Meeting Room - 13:20 to 14:00
- Street Dance Club with Tuffney Dance in Main Hall - club finishes at 16:30
- Last day of half term - normal school finish time.
Future Diary Dates:
Monday 30th October - INSET day - school closed for staff training
Tuesday 31st October - School opens for second half of term
Tuesday 31st - 3pm deadline for Year 6 secondary school online applications
Monday 6th November - Parents evening - 15:40 to 18:00 (please note that Gym club will not run this week)
Tuesday 14th to Friday 17th - Scholastic Book Fair
Friday 17th November - Children's Disco
Thursday 23rd November - Parents evening - 17:30 to 20:00
Have a lovely half term break.