PE overview - a guide to activities for PE lessons for this academic year is available on the school website here. Please can children have PE kit in school for the days that the have their PE lessons: Monday is Year 3, Tuesday is Year 6, Wednesday is Year 5 and Thursday is Year 4.
Football match v Lent Rise on Tuesday 17th October - this match has been postponed so will not now take place next Tuesday - Mr Holmes will send out letters next week with the revised details.
Christmas card artwork - It was lovely to see so many parents in today looking at the Chistmas Card artwork this week. Please note that the deadline for placing orders for PTA Christmas card designs is Wednesday 18th October.
PTA Shop for School Voucher Scheme - It has been a positive start for the scheme for 2017. In the first two months we have raised £210 through 15 families across the Junior and Infant schools. We have approximately 450 families across the two schools so you can only imagine the possibilities for fundraising. The scheme runs on the ordering of Tesco, Sainsbury and John Lewis/Waitrose vouchers. It would be hard to find a family who does not spend money in at least one of these shops each month so all you have to do is get involved. Those of you already participating will know how hassle free the scheme is. You will also know that being involved in the scheme does not cost you a penny – it only makes money for your children’s school. For more information please contact Sue Crosbie on email firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for ordering November vouchers is 6th November 2017. A very big THANK YOU to all of you who are already participating.
Only One You - an update letter is attached and photos of the Only One You pebbles have been added to the Outdoor Learning page on the website here for you to admire.
Monday 16th October
- World Food Day - Eco Warriors project - see attached letter for further details - pictures of children's Eco lunch designs can be dropped off today.
- Gym Club with Burnham Gymnastics in the Main Hall - club finishes at 16:30
Tuesday 17th October
- Reminder that PTA Christmas Card orders must be returned by today
- Breakfast Club in the ATA Room with Mrs Rock and Mr Shankland - 08:00 to 08:45 (Invited pupils only)
- Maths Club in the IT Suite with Mrs Crosbie - 08:15 to 08:45 (Invited pupils only)
- Piano lessons with Mrs Downie in the IT Meeting Room - 12:10 to 15:45
- Skipping Club with Miss Balaam in Main Hall - 12:20 to 12:50 - no PE kit needed just bring your trainers
- Year 5 Swimming lessons for Beech class (pm)
- French Club with Little Languages Academy (for Year 3 and 4 only) in Oak class - club finishes at 16:10
- Football Club with Mr Holmes (for Year 5 and 6 only) in Main Hall - club finishes at 16:45.
Thursday 19th October
- Spanish Club with El Club Espanol in Art Room - 12:50 to 13:20 (children in this club to go for first sitting of lunch)
- Guitar lessons with Mr Norton in the IT Meeting Room - 13:20 to 15:10 (for children who have signed up with Bucks Learning Trust Music) sign up online here
- Pilates Club with Mrs Stephenson in the Main Hall - club finishes at 16:30
- No Homework Club this week
- U11s Football match - away v St Mary's, Beaconsfield - letters sent to invited team
Friday 20th October
- Non Uniform Day / Mufti Day in support of the PTA Christmas Fair - please see letter from PTA re items required
- Breakfast Club in the ATA Room with Mrs Rock and Mr Shankland - 08:00 to 08:45
- Class Parent Reps meeting with Mrs Peal starting at 08:45 (please note slightly earlier time)
- Judo Club with AS Judo in Main Hall - 12:20 to 12:50
- Woodwind lesson with Mrs Wayman in the IT Meeting Room - 13:20 to 14:00
- Street Dance Club with Tuffney Dance in Main Hall - club finishes at 16:30
Friday 20th October - last day of half term - normal school finish time.
Monday 30th October - INSET day - school closed for staff training
Tuesday 31st October - School opens for second half of term
Tuesday 31st - 3pm deadline for Year 6 secondary school online applications
Have a lovely weekend.