Parsonage Road - if you have to park in this road can you please park responsibly and do not obstruct drives or pavements. The School Travel Plan team will be monitoring parking in roads around the school and we hope that parents will support us in this. Parking is available behind the Co-Op or up by the playing fields - both of which are within walking distance of the school. Please do not use the staff car park when dropping off or collecting between 08:00 and 09:00 and 15:15 and 17:00.
Residential - We hope that Year 4 have enjoyed their trip to Woodrow. We have really enjoyed seeing their photos on the blog and keeping track of some of their activities. We are sure that they are looking forward to telling everyone all about their trip. The blog can be found here http://csgvillageschool.blogspot.co.uk/ or there is a link from the school website on the News and Events menu. Year 3 have also been adding lots of information to the blog this half term.
Menu changes - we have been informed that St Joseph's hub kitchen have a guest head chef for the day on Monday 16th October. One of their pupils, Nicole, will take control of the kitchen for the day and she has created her choice of menu for all schools, a copy of which is attached. Nicole will place the food orders, instruct the kitchen staff on how she would like things done and then ensure the kitchen is cleaned down at the end of the day. Her menu for Monday 16th is given below. Tuesday 17th menu will change as well so as not to have pizza two days in a row.
- Monday 16th October - Margarita Pizza or Fish Fingers or Jacket Potato / Chips / Baked Beans and Broccoli / Mixed fruit yogurt or Vanilla ice cream. The salad cart will consist of: Sliced bread, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, tuna mayonnaise, grated cheese and grated carrots.
- Tuesday 17th October will therefore have a change to the pizza and will consist of: Sausage (meat or vegetarian sausage), mash and gravy or Jacket Potato / Green beans and carrots / Genoa cake.
Football - our U11s team travelled to Waterside School near Chesham on Monday and managed a 3-1 win in this league game. A promising start for a side that have only had one practice session together. Some of our Sports Leaders have written a more detailed match report that can be found on the Sports Events section of the website
Gardening - we are looking for an enthusiastic gardener who can help us by weeding and maintaining the raised beds that we have at both the Infant and Junior School sites. if you, or someone you know, would be interested in helping us one or two afternoons a week please contact either School Office.
Infant School Open Day - Thursday 12th October - please see attached flyer. We would be grateful if you could pass this on to any families that you think may be interested.
Monday 9th October
- Year 6 Practice SATS during the morning
- SEN review meetings in the afternoon with Mrs March - invited parents
- Gym Club with Burnham Gymnastics in the Main Hall - club finishes at 16:30
Tuesday 10th October
- Breakfast Club in the ATA Room with Mrs Rock and Mr Shankland - 08:00 to 08:45 (Invited pupils only)
- Maths Club in the IT Suite with Mrs Crosbie - 08:15 to 08:45 (Invited pupils only)
- Year 6 Practice SATS during the morning
- Piano lessons with Mrs Downie in the IT Meeting Room - 12:10 to 15:45
- Year 5 Swimming lessons for Beech class (pm)
- French Club with Little Languages Academy (for Year 3 and 4 only) in Oak class - club finishes at 16:10
- Football Club with Mr Holmes (for Year 5 and 6 only) in Main Hall - club finishes at 16:45.
Thursday 12th October
- Spanish Club with El Club Espanol in Art Room - 12:50 to 13:20 (children in this club to go for first sitting of lunch)
- Guitar lessons with Mr Norton in the IT Meeting Room - 13:20 to 15:10 (for children who have signed up with Bucks Learning Trust Music) sign up online here
- Pilates Club with Mrs Stephenson in the Main Hall - club finishes at 16:30
- Homework Club in the IT Suite - Teacher Led - club finishes at 16:30 (Invited pupils only)
Friday 13th October
- Breakfast Club in the ATA Room with Mrs Rock and Mr Shankland - 08:00 to 08:45
- Christmas Card artwork available to view in dining hall - 08:00 to 08:45
- Class Parent Reps meeting with Mrs Peal starting at 08:45 (please note slightly earlier time)
- Judo Club with AS Judo in Main Hall - 12:20 to 12:50
- Woodwind lesson with Mrs Wayman in the IT Meeting Room - 13:20 to 14:00
- Street Dance Club with Tuffney Dance in Main Hall - club finishes at 16:30
- Year 6 children who sat 11+ in school - results letters will be sent home today
Tuesday 17th October - Year 4 Superstars event at Davenies School - invited team - letters to be sent w/c 9th October
Wednesday 18th October - Reminder that PTA Christmas Card orders must be returned by today
Friday 20th October - last day of half term - normal school finish time
Have a lovely weekend.