Dear Parents / Carers
We have a newly confirmed case of COVID-19 in Year 4.
We are still below threshold numbers there is no further action that the school can take, other than to advise you to follow guidelines and be aware of potential COVID symptoms.
Attached is a copy of the PHESE Warn and Inform letter sent out from school today.
If you think that your child has been in close contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 then please follow the guidance below, read the letter for further PHE guidance or visit one of the NHS or Government websites for information.
What is meant by a contact
A contact is a person who has been close to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. You can be a contact any time from 2 days before the person who tested positive developed their symptoms (or, if they did not have any symptoms, from 2 days before the date their positive test was taken), and up to 10 days after
A contact can be:
- anyone who lives in the same household as another person who has COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
- anyone who has had any of the following types of contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19:
- face-to-face contact including being coughed on or having a face-to-face conversation within one metre
- been within one metre for one minute or longer without face-to-face contact
- been within 2 metres of someone for more than 15 minutes (either as a one-off contact, or added up together over one day)
- A person may also be a close contact if they have travelled in the same vehicle as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19.
What to do next
If you think that your child has been a contact as described above, we would ask that you carry out regular Lateral Flow Tests.
Symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are a new, continuous cough, or a high temperature, or a loss of, or change in, their normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia).
Please be aware that alongside the main 3 symptoms given above, children can also suffer from headaches, sickness, tiredness and sore throats.
There are further details given in the attached letter