Thank you to the PTA! A huge thank you to the PTA who have given us a large amount of money to cover the cost of an LSA, an interactive screen for nursery and a donation towards outdoor learning. Look out for some exciting new facilities and resources in our Reception and Forest School areas! Thank you too to all of you who support the PTA events. The money raised by the PTA makes a huge difference to the offer we are able to make in supporting the children's learning.
Wellbeing Support Session
This year we are working closely with Bucks Mind. We have talked about well being and mental health with the children, had assemblies and staff training. We are now pleased to announce that a representative from Bucks MIND is offering a session for parents to talk about supporting wellbeing within the family and while at home.
This session is on 11th February at 9.00 in the Memorial Hall.
We very much look forward to seeing you there.
Action for Happiness have released their February calendar with lots of lovely ideas to promote happiness and wellbeing for adults. Please take a look and share the ideas with your children and family. I will be using these ideas too so I can spread the love and happiness - link is here for the Friendly February calendar
Bounce and Rhyme session for babies and young children
- Friday mornings in the CSG Community Library from 10.30-11am
- Drop-in singing and movement session for parents and carers with children 0-5 years
- Songs and actions used to help children’s communication and language
- All families welcome to this free session
- Book a free place in person at the Library or by phone on 01494 874732
Handling Anger in the Family Parenting Course
A four-week course for parents and carers with children age 5 -16 helping to deal with everyday anger that all families experience
Monday evenings (7.30pm - 10.00pm) starting on 7 March (7, 14, 21 & 28 March) at The Saint James Centre, Oxford Road, Gerrards Cross, SL9 7DJ. Cost £20 (Includes course materials and refreshments). To book a place or for more information click HERE or visit saintjames.org.uk/handling-anger
Why come on the course?
The course is developed by Care for the Family and is delivered by fully trained volunteers. If you require any further information or a bursary, please call Stuart on 01895 236498.
- Learn strategies and discover practical tools to help respond to those challenging situations.
- Understand why and how both we and our children get angry.
- Discuss evidence-based theory and strategies, delivered by trained and licensed facilitators. Learn in small interactive groups in a relaxed setting.
Accident-Free in CSG
Thank you to those parking in Blizzards Yard car park and around the village, rather than driving up School Lane or parking on Silver Hill.
It’s really disappointing to see people parking across crossing corner and blocking the pavement as well as parking over the the “keep clear” sign. You are blocking a residential road and causing a serious problem for pedestrians. Please avoid doing this- thank you.
The week ahead:
Monday 7th February
- Gymnastics (lunch time for Reception and Year 1)
- PFO Football (after school for Reception, Years 1 and 2)
Tuesday 8th February
Wednesday 9th February
- Tennis (lunch time for Year 2)
- French (after school for Reception, Years 1 and 2)
Thursday 10th February
- Gymnastics (lunch time for Years 1 and 2)
Friday 11th February
- Wellbeing Session for parents at 9am in the Memorial Hall
- Tennis (lunch time for Year 1)
Friday 18th February - School closes for half term
Monday 28th February - School opens
Monday 28th February - Friday 4th March - Art Week has a DT focus this year enabling the children to work on a bigger project over the week.
Wednesday 2nd March - CCC Dance Troupe to visit KS1
Thursday 3rd March - World Book Day
Monday 7th March - Parents Evening 15.40-18.00
Thursday 17th March - Parents Evening 17.30-20.00
Friday 20th May - 9.00 am Emerald class assembly
Friday 27th May - 9.00 am Ruby class assembly
Friday 24th June - 9.00 am Sapphire class assembly
Friday 1st July - 9.00 am Pearl class assembly
Tuesday 12th July - 9.15 am Year 2 Leavers assembly
Every Tuesday and Thursday starting on the 14th June from 9am - 10am. - NURSERY STAY AND PLAY. More details from nursery to come soon.