Unfortunately, there has been an occurrence of head lice in Year 2.
In order to eradicate the problem and to prevent it from re-occurring, please would everyone take the following steps:
- Check your child’s hair nightly.
- Any head lice and/or eggs should be removed. As the eggs can remain stuck to the hair shaft even after combing, it may be necessary to examine the hair thoroughly and physically remove them.
- Continue to examine your child’s hair for the following two weeks, morning and evening.
- Special combs and shampoo are available from chemists. There is a variety of shampoos available, not all chemical-based. You may wish to discuss this with your chemist.
- Ensure your child’s hair, if long, is always tied back in a ponytail. We will ask any child who comes to school with their hair loose to put it into a ponytail using an elastic band.
Thank you for your co-operation.