Year 4 visited Neasden Temple on Monday - further details of this superb trip are available on the blog here. On Tuesday Year 5 went to Amersham school where they took part in a yoga session then tried out boogie bounce. We had lots of entries for our egg decorating competition - the winners were announced in our achievement assembly this morning and egg photos are on the gallery here. Thank you to the PTA for hosting a playground cake sale yesterday during which they raised over £100.
Achievement Assemblies - these are held every Friday. Class certificates are awarded and children have the chance to share their achievements - if they have been awarded any certificates or prizes out of school, that they would like to share, do send items into the School Office or children can drop them off with Mrs English before the assembly.
Rotary IT Competition - we are pleased to announce that three of our children won prizes in the Rotary Club of Misbourne Matins's IT poster design competition. They were awarded certificates and book tokens as prizes at a ceremony in Gerrards Cross last Friday, and the school received a cheque for £100. Congratulations to Amy in Ash who won the overall 1st prize in the Year 3 category, to Aaron, in Oak, who won 4th prize in the Year 3 section and to Guy, Maple class, who won the 3rd prize in the Year 5 section.
Street Dance Show - The children who take part in street dance after school on Friday are in the Tuffney show at Wycombe Swan on Saturday night. They have been working really hard on their dances since September. Good luck to them all!
Clubs for summer term - details have been emailed out and are also on the clubs page of the website here. Please note that all spaces for the Year 3/4 athletics club have been filled.
Hike helpers - Year 5 are planning a hike in the local area on Wednesday 1st May and they still need a few more adult helpers with school DBSs to lead groups of children. The children design their route but we do need adults who are competent map readers to be in charge of the groups. If you are able to help please can you contact the School Office. Thank you.
Year 3 - Ash class have given the office some summer safety flyers - we have made copies for our gallery or there are a few available from the office for sunny days next term.
Year 5 - PGL paperwork please return reply slips and bedding orders by Wednesday 1st May
Year 6 - France trip final details have been emailed - please note changed date for the France /SRE meeting for parents which will now be held on Tuesday 7th May. A polite reminder that final payments are due by Friday 26th April. If you are experiencing difficulties making these payments and have not yet spoken to a member of school staff about this please can you do so by Friday 26th. Thank you.
Bottle tops - Mrs Burge is still collecting flat plastic bottle tops for a bottle top mosaic. There is a collection bucket in the school office.
Crisp packets - the Eco Warriors are trialing a crisp packet recycling scheme. There is a collection bin for empty crisp packets in the dining hall.
Library - thank you to our library helpers Dr Agar, Miss Haq and Mrs Gomez-Monedero who open the school library on Monday, Thursday and Friday lunchtimes each week. At other times children may return library books via the red drop box outside the school office.
Tuesday 23rd April
- INSET Day - school closed for staff training
Wednesday 24th April
- School open today for Summer Term
- Breakfast Club in the ATA Room with Mrs Rock and Mr Shankland - 08:00 to 08:45 (Invited pupils only)
- Maths Club in the IT Suite with Mrs Crosbie - 08:15 to 08:45 (Invited pupils only)
- Piano lessons with Mrs Downie in the IT Meeting Room - 12:10 to 15:30
- U11 League Football match away v Iver Village School for invited team
Thursday 25th April
- Spanish Club with El Club Espanol in Art Room - 12:50 to 13:20 (children in this club to go for first sitting of lunch)
- Guitar lessons with Mr Norton in the IT Meeting Room - 12:20 to 15:00
- Cookery club - after school club in the Dining Hall run by Smart Raspberry - club finishes at 16:30
- NO Homework Club this week (no homework being set this week)
- Athletics club run by Sports Partnership (Nicky Charge) for Year 3 and Year 4 in the Main Hall / Field - 15:30 to 16:30
- Football - U10s Six-a-side tournament at St Josephs School for invited team
Friday 26th April
- Charity Day - Children may wear pyjamas/ night wear to school today to support Macmillan Cancer Charity - we are asking for a suggested donation of £1 - please ensure that children wearing pyjamas are still suitably dressed for a day at school. This activity and the charity were chosen by children via the School Council.
- Breakfast Club in the ATA Room with Mrs Rock and Mr Shankland - 08:00 to 08:45
Tuesday 30th April Year 5 - SRE topic & PGL residential meeting for parents - 18:00
Wednesday 1st May - Year 5 Day Hike - helpers are still needed to make this event viable
Tuesday 7th May - Year 4 to village Songs of Praise service
Tuesday 7th May - Year 6 meeting for parents re France trip & SRE teaching this term - meeting to start at 6:30pm (new date)
Monday 13th to Friday 17th May - Year 5 Residential to PGL
Monday 13th to Thursday 16th May - Year 6 SATS tests this week
Monday 20th May - Class photos to be taken during the morning
Monday 27th to Friday 31st May - Half Term Holiday
Thursday 30th & Friday 31st May - Year 5 and Year 6 Bikeability training - 24 places (places are still currently available) - details on the website here
Have a lovely Easter holiday!